Mazda RX8 was launched in 2003. Some interesting facts about Mazda RX8 –
– Mazda RX8 is the only Wankel engine (rotary) powered cars (1.3 liter Renesis 13B-MSP engine)
– front mid-engine, rear-wheel drive, four seat, four-door coupe
– 50:50 weight distribution
– manual gearbox model uses a carbon fiber composite driveshaft to reduce the rotational mass (moment of inertia) connected to the engine
– rear-hinger “freestyle” doors (similar to suicide doors)
– no B-pillar between the front and rear doors.
Mazda RX8 (year 2009) – improved body rigidity, structural reinforcements, trapezoidal strut tower bar, rear suspension geometry reconfigured for better handling and improved drive shaft rigidity, 90lbs lighter, increased acceleration and performance.
Mazda RX8 R3 (year 2009) – Bilstein shock absorbers, 19-inch forged aluminum-alloy wheels (BBS), Recaro seats up front, 300-watt Bose audio system with centerpoint surround sound.
Modified Mazda RX8 with Mazdaspeed front bumper, side skirts, rear wing spoiler, Axis Halos, 18 inch x 8.5 wheels – limited edition Gold with Black pinstirpe, X8 headlight eyelids, Gannador carbon fiber aero mirrors. Read the rest of this entry »