BMW 3 Series E90 (5th generation) was launched on 2005 and BMW’s 3 Series has been the best selling series for BMW.
Some interesting facts about BMW 3 Series (5th Generation) –
– Equipped with run-flat tires (can be twice more expensive than the price of sports tires), thus it’s not equipped with a spare tire.
– Electronic water pump.
– Return to turbocharging with the introduction of 3.0 liter engine (N54B30) on BMW 335i using two small low-pressure turbochargers to remove turbo lag at low elevations (running on 0.4 bar).
– BMW’s first retractable hardtop convertible.
Differenty body styles and models for BMW 3 Series (5th Generation) –
Sedan (E90) – longer, wider, taller (wheelbas as well) and heavier than E46 (4th generation of BMW 3 Series)
– improvements on leg and headroom
Sports Wagon (Touring – E91) – available with rear-wheel drive and xDrive AWD
Coupe (E92) – first BMW coupe with xDrive
– longer and narrower than E90
– doesn’t share the same chassis with its sedan counterpart, it has its own body design (thus not the usual sedan minus the 2 doors at the back).
Convertible/Cabriolet (E93) – no longer available with a folding soft top, replaced with a 3 piece, folding metal hardtop roof.
Modified BMW 3 Series E93 Cabriolet (Convertible) 335i Turbocharged with Vorsteiner carbon fiber honeycomb matrix (CFHM) power dome sculpted hood (bonnet), Vorsteiner Aero carbon fiber front spoiler, Hamann side skirts body kits, Matte black kidney grills, Dynamic Performance Engineering (DPE) GT/LS Series LS-5 20″ inch wheels (rims) Read the rest of this entry »