MazdaSpeed 3 Hatchback (2nd generation) was launched in 2010. Also called Mazda 3 MPS (Mazda Performance Series) in Australia.
The 2nd generation of MazdaSpeed 3 still retains the MZR 2.3 DISI Turbo engine (same with MazdaSpeed 3 1st generation).
Engine – MZR 2.3 liter (all-aluminium engine block with iron cylinder liners), Inline 4 Turbo.
Engine Power and Torque comparison across the different region for Mazdaspeed 3 (2nd generation) –
Japan – 264 PS (194 kW; 260 hp)@5500, 380 N·m (280 lb·ft)@3000
US – 267 PS (196 kW; 263 hp)@5500, 380 N·m (280 lb·ft)@3000
Canada – 267 PS (196 kW; 263 hp)@5500, 380 N·m (280 lb·ft)@3000
Australia – 259 PS (190 kW; 255 hp)@5500, 380 N·m (280 lb·ft)@3000
Transmission – 6-speed manual (automatic has not been offered)
Modified Mazdaspeed 3 MPS Turbo with front bonnet’s air scoop, custom vinyl, Konig 18 inch wheels Milligram matte black with machined undercut running on Dunlop SP Sport 2050 Ultra High Performance Summer tires 225/40/R18 88Y.
Modified Mazdaspeed 3 MPS Hatchback Turbo with rear roof top spoiler, Konig 18 inch Milligram matte black with machined undercut custom vinyl wheels, Rallyarmor’s black mud flap (red logo).
Mazdaspeed 3 MPS 2.3liter DISI turbocharged engine with top mount intercooler.
– Custom Performance Engineering (CPE) MazdaSPEED3 xFlex Driver and Passenger side engine mount bracket
– CPE MZR2.3 DISI Nviscid Pipe 3 inch turbo silicone inlet pipe with steel wire re-enforcement to prevent collapsing under vacuum
– CPE Fuel Pump
– CPE MazdaSPEED3 Gen2 Standback 2 Engine Controller (engine management system) and PNP Harness (plug and play engine management solution)
– Corksport Autoexe Front Strut Tower Steel Bar
– Corksport Silicone black color Radiator Hose Set with 3 layer silicone and nylon embedded fiber which provides heat resistance
– Turbosmart dual port black blow off valve
– COBB Tuning cold air intake system with conical cloth filter
– Perrin coolant overflow tank (red color)
Modified Mazdaspeed 3 MPS Hatchback Turbo (side view) 5Zigen ProRacer ZR+520 ceramic bronze 18 inch wheels and Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires.
Mazdaspeed 3 MPS 2nd generation with Custom Performance Engineering (CPE) front mount intercooler sitting behind the front bumper, Armor GT yellow fog lights clear acrylic adhesive overlays protection.
Modified Mazdaspeed 3 MPS MZR 2.3 liter DISI turbocharged engine with the following modification lists –
Performance – Turbo and Cooling
– Custom Performance Engineering Core Front Mount Intercooler – 2.25″ straightforward hard aluminum piping (reduce turbo lag) with higher thermal efficiency, colder intake air and pressure drop
– Custom Performance Engineering DISI Nviscid Pipe (turbo inlet pipe)
– KMD Tuning 2.0T FSI High Pressure Fuel Pump Kit with thicker CarboNitride coating and slightly thicker shaft for higher fuel pressure, provide up to 40% more fuel in the midrange.
– Turbosmart Kompact Plumb Back Blow Off Valve (Bypass Valve) – recirculates all excess pressure back into the intake system
– GrimSpeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid 3-Port, allows you to tune the boost map in the ECU which allow us to run the maximum amount of boost at every given rpm which gives us more power and control throughout the range. (We can set 15psi at 3000-5000rpm range, and set 17psi at 6000rpm etc)
– Corksport SRI Power Series Short Ram air intake box to limit the intake of hot air
Performance – Engine
– Saikou Michi Stage 2 OCC oil catch tank to catch the burnt oil which escape from valve cover area and prevent it from re-entering the valve cover, PCV line and breather
– James Barone Racing (JBR) Thermal Insulating Intake Gasket Kit and Thermal Insulating Throttle Body Gasket and Coolant bypass kit to prevent unwanted transfer of heat thus reducing boost air temps and increasing horsepower
Modified Mazdaspeed 3 MPS Turbo Hatchback –
– Ultimate Racing 3 inch dual exit high-flow catback exhaust on 304 stainless steel piping with straight through design with 4 inch rolled polished muffler tip (angle cut)
– Ultimate Racing 3 inch bolt on 304 stainless steel piping catless downpipe with bellmouth design
– Ultimate Racing 3 inch 304 stainless steel piping test pipe (unrestricted straight through flow) to replace OEM secondary catalytic converter and TIG welded to perfection
Suspension and Handling
– Swift Sport Springs SPEC-R
– Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers for stiff low speed rebound force
– Powergrid Front Sway Bar Adjustable End Links
– Powergrid Front Adjustable Sway-Bar System links
– James Barone Racing (JBR) 3-way adjustable rear sway bar kit (powder coated black) constructed out of 32mm 4130 Chrommoly tubing with 13mm thick solid steel arms
– Specialty Products Company (SPC) Performance forged rear camber arm (Part no 67420,67440) – high strength forged rear arms to provide extended camber ranges with original equipment style bushings installed for a factory type ride.
Mazdaspeed 3 MPS interior –
– Moddiction Anvil 2 powder coated shift knob
– Kuda Mount leather wrapped polyester shell to mount iPhone, Cell Phone, hands free car kits, iPods
– Qualir QL-MZD723 7 inch digital touchscreen DVD navigation player with PIP RDS Bluetooth
– UltraGauge OBDII scan tool, information center that displays 75 engine gauges’ data from ECU
– ProSport Performance 52mm Boost Gauge
– AeroForce Interceptor dual 52mm gauges
– Cobb Tuning AccessPORT – hand held tuner unit to unlock impressive power gains hidden within the ECU by replacing conservative factory settings with more performance optimized calibrations
Mazdaspeed 3 MPS (2nd generation) with modified TWM Performance Short Shift Kits (short shifter), Moddiction Anvil 2 powder coated shift knob.
– James Barone Racing (JBR) vertically oriented mount transmission motor mount
– James Barone Racing (JBR) 1 piece vertically oriented passenger side motor mount 70a Durometer which is made of a solid 3 pound block of T6-6061 grade aluminum and custom Durometer urethane bushings to reduce drive train slop and better throttle response
– TWM Performance Short Shift Kits CNC machined in stainless steel and aluminum (short shifter) to provide more precise shifter with no play for direct and solid shifting action.
– Sure Motorsports Counter Shift (replacement for stock shifter weight, 70.4% less than stock shifter weight) to provide a lighter, more responsive feel, faster gear shifting and a hightened response throughout all gears.
– Sure Motorsports Shortcut (relocating the shifter cable mounting point closer to the center of the gear) provides shorter shift throughout all gears. Shortens the shock throw by 35.2%
– Sure Motorsports Anchors reduce the chance of missing a gear shift and provide more accurate, tactile shifting response by replacing OEM rubber grommets which make manual shifting soft and carelss
– Sure Motorsports Torq R3 rear engine mount (made of T6061 aluminum) decreases engine movement (reduce NVH – noise, vibration, harshness), recouping torque, reduce wheel hop (the amount of free reign in the engine bay during spirited driving)
Mazdaspeed 3 MPS (2nd generation) with –
– XXR 006 18 inch wheels Black/Anodize Red lip (35 offset)
– Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S ultra-quiet, high performance tire 225/40/R18 92H
– lowered with Eibach Pro Kit